Newsletter, November 2001
Welcome to the November issue of our newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
In This Issue You'll Find:
- News. (see below)
- Featured Subject: Work and Careers in Children's Books.
In New England the trees are bare and the colder weather is settling in for the long haul. In spite of the gray skies pulling me to the couch and a good book lets turn our attention to something more active. This month we're exploring work, jobs and careers. This theme has something for the youngest readers right up to Young Adult novels so there's something for everyone. Once we've explored the topic and run down some of the reading choices I promise you you can choose your favorite books and curl up on that cozy couch.
For those who missed our last newsletter the most recent additions to our web site are:
- Featured Book: Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse.
- Featured Book: Snowflake Bentley by Jacqueline Briggs Martin.
- Booklist: Your Summer Reading
Upcoming workshops with Carol Hurst:
- November 8 + 9 - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Southeastern IRA Conference.
- November 15 + 16 - Little Rock, Arkansas. Arkansas Reading Association.
For more information on any of these write to Carol Hurst at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Carol Hurst and her work in schools and conferences see Carol Otis Hurst Consulting at: http://www.carolhurst.com/products/consulting.html
Next Section of Newsletter:
Featured Subject: Work and Children's Books.