Newsletter, December 2000
Welcome to the December issue of our newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
In This Issue You'll Find:
- Workshop News. See below.
- Winter and Children's Literature. Featured Subject.
I've Read the Book, Now What? Workshops for Teachers of grades 2-6 by Carol Hurst:
- - use literature across the curriculum
- - connect your reading program to content areas
- - motivate your readers
- - complement your reading program with meaningful activities
- - enhance comprehension through conversation
- - use a variety of genre
- - storytell and read aloud as powerful extensions of literature
- March 6, 2001 - New Jersey
- Holiday Parsipanny
- 707 Route 46 East
- Parsippany, NJ
- April 3, 2001 - Connecticut
- Ramada Inn- Capitol Hill
- 440 Asylum Street
- Hartford, CT
- May 8, 2001 - Massachusetts
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- 711 Dwight Street
- Springfield, MA
While we're at it here are the rest of Carol's upcoming workshops:
- January 8 & 9, 2001 - Inservice & Storytelling. Essex Falls, NJ.
- January 23 & 24, 2001 -Teacher In-Service. Garden City Schools, Garden City, Kansas.
- February 6, 2001 - Adams Friendship, Wisconsin Teacher Inservice.
- April 29, 2001 - Preconvention Institute. IRA, New Orleans, LA.
- June 27, 2001 - Literature Conference. New Ulm, Minnesota.
- July 20, 2001 - Literature Conference. Orange County, California.
- July 25, 2001 - Early Childhood Institute. Dallas, Texas.
Related Areas of Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
Free Welcome To Homeschool Guide: Download Here!
Eager, excited homeschoolers could be just a click away. Start with these Time4Learning freebies: