Newsletter, June 2001
Welcome to the June issue of our newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
In This Issue You'll Find:
- News. See below.
- Looking Critically at Picture Books, Featured Subject.
For those who missed our last newsletter the most recent additions to our web site are:
- Featured Subject: Guided Reading Opportunities in Good Literature
- Featured Subject: Local History and Family Stories
- Featured Subject: Women's History
Upcoming workshops with Carol Hurst:
- June 19 and 20, 2001 - Monroe, New York. Storytelling with Students.
- July 20, 2001 - Long Beach, California. Children's Literature Institute, California State University, Long Beach.
- July 25, 2001 - Dallas, Texas. Early Childhood Institute.
- June 27, 2001 - New Olm, Minnesota. Literature Conference.
- August 24, 2001 - Salt Lake City, Utah. Inservice for Teachers.
- October 23, 2001 - Stamford, Connecticut. Workshop: I've Read the Book, Now What? For Teachers of grades 2-6.
- October 25, 2001 - Worcester, Massachusetts. Workshop: I've Read the Book, Now What? For Teachers of grades 2-6.
- November 8 + 9, 2001 - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Southeastern IRA Conference.
- November 15 + 16, 2001 - Little Rock, Arkansas. Arkansas Reading Association.
For more information on any of these write to Carol Hurst at email@example.com. For more information on Carol Hurst and her work in schools and conferences see Carol Otis Hurst Consulting at: http://www.carolhurst.com/products/consulting.html
We're still celebrating the release of Carol's first two books for kids. You can read the latest rave reviews of Carol's novel and picture book at:
- Next section of this newsletter on Looking Critically at Picture Books