Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Newsletter
Volume 1, Number 3. October 1996. Page 1.
Welcome to the October issue of our quarterly newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
IN THIS ISSUE YOU'LL FIND:
- Free Drawing (see below)
- What's New on our Web Site? (see below)
- Featured Subject: Quilts.
- Author Study: Betsy Byars.
- New Release: Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg in Portfolio format.
- Glimpses From the Road.
Enter to win a Kit for Integrating US History and Children's Literature. The prize, valued at $400, includes our professional book In Times Past: An Encyclopedia for Integrating US History with Literature in Grades 3-8, and 34 children's books from the Didax book sets on The Revolutionary War and The Civil War. Just fill out our entry form.
What's New on This Web Site
The number of visitors to our web site each day is now over 300. Our grateful thanks to all our users.
The following Sample Chapters from two of our professional books are now available on site:
- In Times Past: An Encyclopedia for Integrating US History with Literature in Grades 3-8:
- Picturing Math: Using Picture Books in the Math Curriculum, Grades PreK-2.
More sample chapters are coming soon.
48 new book reviews have been added to the site. See the What's New Page for a listing.
Go to Next Section of Newsletter, Featured Subject: Quilts.